Friday, September 18, 2009

I WON A FREAKING CONTEST

Today was a very good day:

1. There was no school, or at least I didn't have to go to school (my school's testing its online correspondence system.)

2. I woke up really early and took a wonderfully long drive in the countryside looking at all the beautiful trees changing colors, the late summer flowers, the petite antique houses, and the swelling pumpkins.

(drum roll, please)
3. I was chosen out of 576 commenters to win a £59.99 satchel in a contest on one of my favorite blogs.



Excuse my language in the title, but as one may be able to see, I am a little excited. I won a contest. That's never happened to me. About a week ago I entered the Cambridge Satchel Company contest on What I Wore. We were asked to pick one of the satchels from the company's website and describe what we would wear it with. I chose this beautiful yellow satchel and described it like this:

The greatest thing about this bag is that I could use it for so many things - carrying books between classes, sneaking snacks into the movie theatre with friends on a Saturday afternoon, and using it as a stylish alternative to my currently worn out carry-on bag for flights. The first outfit I’d construct around this golden delight would start with my delicate cream lace dress from Anthropologie, layered upon by my warm faux fur vest from BB Dakota. My legs would be encased in opaque black tights and my tall vintage beige boots would sound lovely crunching the fallen leaves below my feet. With my happy yellow satchel hanging at my side, I would go on walks through town and in the woods admiring the beautiful change of colors in the trees and reminiscing on the past summer’s golden sun[ny] weather.

It's a bit precocious, yes, but I really wanted to win and I wasn't sure if the winner was randomly selected, so I spent a lot of time coming up with a response. I meant ever word of it though. When I turned on my computer today to procrastinate from doing my homework, I immediately went to check my blogger subscriptions since I hadn't done that in a few days. And there it was: I saw my name in connection with the announcement of the winner of a 15" yellow satchel. It took a good ten seconds for what I was reading to sink in, but then I jumped off my chair and started yelling around the house at the top of my lungs "Oh my God!" over and over until I was hoarse. There was some impressive 'happy dance' jumping thrown in there too. It's a good thing that I was home alone today or else I would have scared my mom to death.

Since I've never won anything before so I wasn't expecting much from the results of this contest. It caught me so off guard! I'm really grateful to Jessica of What I Wore and Julie of the Cambridge Company for holding this contest; they made my day.

1 comment: