Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A Better Idea

Today I went first to Plato's Closet to sell some of my old clothes to make some more room in my closet for my back to school shopping and then to Cost Plus World Market to look for some inspiration for my party on Friday. I'd never noticed their great selection of alternative and foreign foods. I'm defentley going to drag my mom there one of these nights so we can stock up to feed all the guests in a traditionally quaint tea-party manner. I bought a packet of Razzles because I'd heard them mentioned in one of the videos made by my British YouTube subscriptions, but to be frank, they were disgusting. I do like the wooden fans I bought for table decorations, though. I'd already had two, but one was broken and I don't want mine to get broken. I love the World Market for several reasons: 1. It always smells really good from the Indian and African spices, 2. AIR CONDITIONING! That puts even the sleaziest of places in my good books on days like today (88 degrees!), 3. It has lots of cheaply priced trinkets (that look like they are) from around the world in the form of jewelry, wooden boxes, candles, and paper supplies. I really wanted to buy a few string of colorful paper lanterns to hang through the aspens in the dropoff from our property, but they were either too big or too small and way too expensive for something I'd only be using once. Instead, I think I'll try to copy this look from the picture above. Not as exotic, but little balloons will add some color to the landscape just the same. While looking around the store I saw these beautiful lanterns, but who am I kidding? I really don't want to think about what it would cost me to get 50 or so of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment